Welcome to Continue to Learn at BTME 2016
Education - What's on Where?
- Continue to Learn Workshops - Queen's Suite, Harrogate International Centre
- Turf Managers' Conference - The Royal Hall, Harrogate International Centre
- Partner Events (GCMA, The GTC, STRI, BASIS) - The Crown Hotel, Crown Place, HG1 2RZ
- GolfBIC - Hall Q, Harrogate International Centre
Taking on board feedback from previous attendees the Continue to Learn at BTME 2016 education programme aims to offer a more varied and valuable learning experience than ever before.
The Proposal to Present and Members Choice survey were once again used to attract new speakers and subject areas to the programme. This initiative has enabled the introduction of 21 new speakers to join an already eminent list of presenters.
Recommended education events have been listed for three differing groups of greenkeepers:
- Greenkeepers / Assistants
- First Assistants / Deputies
- Course Manager / Head Greenkeeper
It should be noted that they are ‘recommendations’ and that all education events are available to anyone wishing to attend.
Continue to Learn at BTME 2016 has added three new strings to its education bow:
- Career Development - created to make it easier to identify which education events will help you to progress your career
- Groundsman Conference – to cater for those who look after more than golf at their facilities
- GolfBIC – bringing golf course owners and managers to BTME
TOCA (Turf Ornamental Communicators Association) will be returning as a Partner event, having identified Continue to Learn and BTME as the key industry event in Europe.
More information about the speakers will be available on the BTME 2016 App – download it onto your phone to keep up to date with the latest news on the event.
Last year, 67% of BIGGA members who attended the seminars used the Members Only pre-booking facility, saving time standing in queues! Plan your visit, pre-book your seminars and make the most of your time at Continue to Learn. The Quick Guide provides a full list of events.
“Booking Bundles” will once again be available for BIGGA Members. Helping to make training budgets stretch further and providing discount for several members of staff from the same golf club, the Booking Bundles enable greater opportunities for more team members to attend Continue to Learn 2016.
Turf Rewards points from BIGGA Partners, Everris (ICL) and Syngenta, also offer the opportunity to ‘buy’ vouchers for Continue to Learn. Put your Turf Rewards to the best use by investing in education and training.
Remember to book early to avoid disappointment – we’re expecting to welcome in excess of 3,000 attendees to Continue to Learn 2016.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Head of Member Development